Now that you've got a basic understanding about AD RMS, it's time to begin installing and configuring it in your organization. The following is a step-by-step guide to build RMS solution in your environment.
1. Ensure that the server meets the hardware and software requirements and recommendations.
2. Create an AD RMS service account.
3. Create an AD RMS installation account.
4. Review the considerations for installing AD RMS.
5. Assign an email address to AD RMS users and groups.
6. Raise the domain functional level.
7. Install SQL Server 2005 on the member server.
8. Install AD RMS.
9. Configure AD RMS Cluster Settings.
10. Verify AD RMS functionality.
The following sections describe these steps in detail.
Was this article helpful?