You can use the following procedure to assign a user or group the role of backup operator:
1. From Administrative Tools, open Local Security Policy.
2. In the console tree, expand Local Policies and click User Rights Assignment.
3. In the details pane, double-click Backup Files and Directories.
4. Add the user accounts or groups that will perform auditing at the CA and click OK.
5. In the details pane, double-click Restore Files and Directories.
6. Add the user accounts or groups that will perform auditing at the CA and click OK.
Warning A CA auditor is assigned the auditor role systemwide. The user cannot be limited to only viewing Security event log entries related to Certif icate Services. The user can view all entries in the Security event log.
Note Alternatively, you can choose to simply add the user account to the local Backup Operators group. The advantage of assigning the user rights directly is that it allows you to split the roles of backup and restoration.
Was this article helpful?