In the Add Features Wizard dialog box, shown in Figure 14-21, click Add Required Features.
5. Click Next. Click Next again on the Web Server (IIS) page.
6. Click Next on the Select Role Services page.
7. On the Confirm Installation Selections page, click Install.
8. When the installation is complete, click Close.
EXERCiSE 2 Create a New SMTP Virtual Server
In this exercise, you create a new SMTP virtual server by using IIS 6.0 Manager.
1. If necessary, log on to the Glasgow domain controller with the Kim_Akers account.
2. Open Windows Explorer and create a folder named C:\Mail.
3. Launch IIS 6.0 Manager from the Administrative Tools program group.
4. Expand the Glasgow (Local Computer) object and note that a default object, SMTP-Virtual Server #1, has already been created.
5. Right-click the Glasgow object, select New, and then select Virtual Server.
6. In the Name text box, type MySMTPServer. Click Next.
7. In the Select IP Address text box, do not change the default setting. Click Next.
8. Read the warning message, and then click Yes to continue. You resolve this conflict later by specifying a nondefault port number.
9. In the Home Directory text box, type C:\Mail. Click Next.
10. In the Domain step, type mail.contoso.internal.
11. Click Finish. Note that a new SMTP virtual server named MySMTPServer appears in the left pane of IIS 6.0 Manager, as shown in Figure 14-22.
^ Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Manager
Was this article helpful?