After planning partitions and gathering network information, perform the following preparations before launching Setup:
• Make sure the server is sized appropriately for the load under which you plan to place it. For more information on server sizing, see Chapter 2, "Designing a Network."
• If installing on an existing server, back up all data and record any important settings.
• Remove the Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) management cable from the server (even if it's USB).
• Upgrade the system BIOS to the latest version available.
• Set the boot order in the BIOS to boot from the CD-ROM before the hard disk.
• Locate any mass storage drivers or custom hardware abstraction layer (HAL) files necessary for the system.
• Disconnect the server from the Internet (unless protected by a firewall).
Was this article helpful?