1. Select Start > Printers And Faxes, right-click HP LaserJet 4Si, and select Pause Printing.
2. Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad.
3. Create a new text file and then select File > Save As. In the Save As dialog box, save the file in the default location, My Documents, as PrintMe.txt. Click the Save button.
4. While still in Notepad, select File > Print. Select HP LaserJet 4Si and click the Print button. Repeat this step two more times so that you have sent a total of three print jobs. Close Notepad.
5. Select Start > Printers And Faxes > HP LaserJet 4Si. At the top of the window, you will see that the status of the printer is Paused.
EXERCISE 7.5 (continued)
6. Right-click one of the print jobs in the print queue and select Cancel. The print job will be deleted after you confirm the cancellation.
7. Right-click one of the print jobs in the print queue and select Properties. The print job Properties dialog box appears. Change Notify from Administrator to Kim. Set the Priority from
1 to 99. For Schedule, select Only From 12:00 A.M. to 4:00 A.M. Then click the OK button.
8. Close all of the dialog boxes.
Was this article helpful?